How to host an intern: 7 ways for your company to host interns and trainees
Are you a business looking to find out how to host an intern from abroad? Here are seven tips from IIUSA on how to host international interns. Be a great host company for our J1 interns and trainees, and we’ll keep sending excellent candidates your way!
- Be clear on rules and regulations, especially arrival times, breaks, lunch time and leaving times.
- Make sure your intern/trainee understands your directions on projects.
- If you are a large company, appoint an associate partner for the intern/trainee to shadow. If you are a small company be clear who is the supervisor or manager for the intern.
- Take time to show the intern/trainee the best way to get to your office from their housing arrangement.
- In order to avoid embarrassment to the intern/trainee, please be sure that he/she understands the dress codes for your company.
- Show the intern/around the company pointing out where the bathrooms are, kitchen or eating places or other rooms, etc.
- Have an open-door arrangement so that he/she can ask questions when necessary.
ENJOY YOUR INTERN/TRAINEE. THE EXCHANGE OF IDEAS AND CULTURES CAN CREATE LIFE-LONG EXPERIENCES FOR YOU AND YOUR STAFF.
Are you ready to host? Hire an intern today, apply our seven tips and enjoy your hosting experience!
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/usaint5/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 399