Internship Tips: How to Have an Excellent Internship in the USA
Once we find an appropriate Host Company for you and a Visa Sponsor, you will embark on one of the most memorable experiences of your lives.
Here are some internship tips that will help you stand out and excel.
- Make sure you understand the rules, regulations and security issues and be sure to follow them.
- Be punctual. If your time to be at work is 8 am, be there 15 minutes earlier and ready to work.
- Make sure you understand when you are supposed to have your lunch break, rest breaks and what time you are supposed to leave for the day.
- Keep your desk and surrounding area clean.
- Be courteous to everyone in the office and surroundings. They will all be helpful to you.
- Do not tell the owner or the executives how to do their job, even if you think you know better. You can make suggestions, but not in the first three months unless you are asked for your opinion.
- Ask about the dress codes of the company and dress appropriately as the others dress in the office.
- Romantic overtures do not belong in the work place.
- Ask questions regarding your work assignment if you do not understand them.
- Be sure to notify me if you have any questions or problems. We can work together to solve any issues.
- Smile, have fun at your internship/training. Make friends. Investigate the surroundings where the company is situated.
- Do not use the company computers or phones for personal issues. Wait until you leave the office to tend to them.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/usaint5/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 399